Friday 3 August 2012

Tell us something about yourself. - 1


Whenever you go for interview, first question you generally face is : “Tell me something about yourself”.
This question is basically an ice breaker so that you feel comfortable for the rest of the interview. But along with it, this is the most important question of the entire interview. You have to answer it very sincerely and cautiously because your entire interview can take shape depending on how you answer it.
Here a sample answer is given and questions which can be asked from it are also mentioned.

My name is ABC…, doing mechanical engineering from DTU. I have done my schooling from S.D Public School,Delhi. I have been the topper of my school since primary classes and secured 90+ in C.B.S.E Boards. I chose mechanical engineering as my branch because of my passion in cars. I had always dreamt of making my own vehicle. I am very much fascinated by speed, actions & stunts. Coming on to my academic performance, I would like to share my internships. I did my summer internship at XYZ industry- which gave me training about vehicle dynamics and taught me latest designing softwares and newest technology introduced in India i.e. Reverse Engineering. Besides that I have been also actively indulged in extra- curricular like conducting workshops & seminars, participating in various tech- non tech competitions & cultural fests held at IITs, DCE & NSIT. My source of motivation is my parents who have been very friendly and supportive. Moreover, Rahul Dravid, Steve Jobs and Dhirubhai Ambani are some of my idols.

Now, following questions can be formed from the above answer:

1.     Tell me something about your school.
2.    What do mean by topper? Does securing 90+ percent make you suitable for this job?
3.    If you are so passionate about cars, then just tell us few things which you have accomplished in this field?
4.    Name any five types of stunts which you love doing.
5.    Why did you choose to do internship at XYZ Company?
6.    What did you learn in your internship?
7.    Did you notice any improvement which could be done in the company to improve its productivity?
8.    What is reverse engineering? How it is better from the conventional technology?
9.    What all do you need to do to conduct a workshop? What did you learn by conducting a workshop? Did you have any monetary motive behind it?
10.  Tell me something about the life of Dhirubhai Ambani. How did he reach to this level?

P.S.: Above questions are just to provide you an insight about the questions that can be formed from your answer. More questions can be asked from the answers you give to the above questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment